The health field will undoubtedly be one of the most benefited by technological advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI). This is due mainly two reasons: the reduction of time and the improvement of disease detection tools.
The presence of AI in the health industry would mean that the bureaucratic processes and the collection of patient data would be expedited. In addition, an intelligent machine could perform tests like scanners faster than a human.
Have a look at these 5 interesting examples:
- RadIO: This is an open source code for cancer detection, available on GitHub, which allows to find signs of lung cancer on radiographs through “Deep learning”. It is developed by the IT Department of the Moscow Government (DIT) and, today, there are tutorials on how to use it.
- Global Good ultrasound imaging system: As for the improvement of medical devices, as an example we have the ultrasound imaging system equipped with AI, by Global Good, which can automatically detect, with an ultrasound with deep learning, an attack of pneumonia, obtaining a greater predictive value than the one that nowadays is through X-rays.
- EasyScan_Go Global Good and Motic: Consists of a microscope equipped with AI that aims to fight against the malaria virus that is drug resistant.
- Corti: This is a voice assistance system used by emergency personnel from Copenhagen, Denmark. It analyzes conversations between emergency professionals and patients, in order to speed up the process of detecting, before the staff is with those affected, what happens to them, because it relates the conversations with the databases from the patients.
- IBM and mental health: A team of IBM professionals developed a technological solution that allows us to accurately predict the presence of psychosis in a patient. Look at this video about the project.
If you are interested in new trends in AI, we invite you to attend the co-located event: AI & IOT Summit, on June 20th.
Topics such as Machine Learning, Legal Tech, Language Processing, Robotics, Augmented Reality, Cognitive Computing, among others, will be covered by Keynote Speakers and experts. They will present success case stories, besides their application in different sectors.